Clarifi offer a range of training for professionals and practitioners working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse or even those who are just interested in knowing more about childhood sexual abuse, particularly the effects. All our training is informed and overseen by a reference group of survivors and an advisory board of practitioners.
One in Four Training - Foundation
Who's it for?
This half day training is ideal for front line workers who may come into contact with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse in their day-to-day work. This training is endorsed by BACP as CPD.
- What is Childhood Sexual Abuse (CSA)?
- The prevalence of CSA
- The effects of CSA
- The Survivor's Rights
- Policy development (optional)
By the end of the training attendees will be able to recognise common behaviour and effects that survivors encounter. Attendees will also feel more confident to recognise and more effectively handle a disclosure of historic childhood sexual abuse and know what to do and what not to do when working with survivors, developed from a survivors point of view.
This training can be run within any organisation for up to 20 attendees or we can take central bookings for training from our offices.
One in Four Training - Enhanced
Clarifi have developed a range of modules of training aimed at counsellors, therapists and other professionals who work with survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
Who's it for?
This training is ideal for counsellors, therapists, social workers, Community Mental health workers, substance misuse workers, GPs, family support practitioners or anyone else working in depth with survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
The following are all one-day modules:
- Chrysalis - Childhood Sexual Abuse (Includes Definitions, demystifying, dealing with disclosures, the professionals standpoint)
- Peering into the Cocoon - The Effects of Childhood Sexual Abuse (includes Shame & Blame, Minimisation, Flashbacks, triggers and splitting, Psychological disorders associated with CSA, Dealing with these effects)
- Metamorphosis - Healing from Childhood Sexual Abuse (creating and enabling environment, creative ways practitioners can work with survivors, boundaried working, empowerment and dependency, inner child work, journal work, art therapy)
- Breaking the cycle - Survivors Relationships (Pregnancy, childbirth and parenting, attachment, incest, relationships with non abusing parent, relationships with siblings, support for partners)
- The Survivor's Rights (Record keeping and the law, sharing information, child protection, CPS guidance, recovered / false memory)
- Abused and use - Survivors and Substance Misuse (numbing the pain, coping mechanisms, addressing abuse)
- Cultural Needs of BME Survivors
- To build the confidence of professionals and practitioners working with survivors of CSA
- To reduce the 'revolving door' response to disclosures
- To provide the 'survivors perspective' to practitioners
- To develop and implement safe and sensitive ways of exploring and working with survivors of CSA
How does it work?
Attendees should complete 4 mandatory modules (1,2,3 & 4) plus ONE elective (from 5, 6 or 7) to attain accredited training.
One in Four Training - Bespoke
If you are working with a particular client group and require training for working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse we can develop a bespoke training package for you and your staff. This will be tailored to your organisation and the specialist area you cover relating this to effectively working with clients who may also be survivors of CSA. Get in touch and let us know what your requirements are.