The Butterfly Programme is an 8 week* therapeutic, empowering and outcomes driven programme for female adult survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse (CSA).
*2 hours a week for 8 weeks group work with one to one sessions if necessary
It is beginning to be acknowledged that childhood sexual abuse is a lot more frequent than people would have believed, or have wanted to believe in the past. One in four women are affected by Childhood sexual abuse.
The programme covers the following areas:
- Journal work and recovery writing
- Perpetrators, power and protection
- Flashbacks and memories
- Active healing & developing healthier patterns
- Anger and grief management
- Inner child work
- Art and sensory therapy
This is an empowering, outcomes based programme that aims to deal specifically with the abuse that a woman has survived and thereby increase her quality of life.
Some of the key outcomes we work towards include:
- Increasing self confidence
- Getting women back into education or employment
- Reducing the dependency on 'peripheral' services
- Keeping survivor's own children safer
- Assisting survivors to be better parents
- Understanding the effects of abuse
- Better day-to-day coping strategies